Wednesday 9 May 2012

Waltzingmouse Challenge #96

Hi Scrappers,

I took out my ancient heat gun this week, gave it a good dust and used it for this week's challenge at Waltzingmouse stamps. Check out the current sketch here on the blog.




I inked an embossing folder, blended a few different colours over the top and ended with some gold embossing powder. I wish I hadn't used the reddish brown ink though - the colour that came out is a bit yucky and I had no papers to match! The heart's are a nestie die on which I stamped the tiny scroll from the Very Vintage Labels 4 set and covered them in dimensional magic.  Not sure what occasion I'm going to use this one for - wedding, golden anniversary or an engagement card perhaps?

Anyway, I'm off to try that inking and embossing technique again - this time in different colours!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

8 comments:

  1. great card! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the gold embossing is so pretty, love the two hearts hanging off the bow also. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of this card Claire - the sweet hearts and lovely ribbon! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!
    Your stitching in incredible!!
    And that embossing is spectacular!!
    A beautiful card...
    that I'm sure will come in very handy just when you least expect it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely and unique, great background! Thank you for joining us for a sketch this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty shimmery embossing. Such a great detail. But the stitching is my favorite! The perfect detail for a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make stunning cards too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique, Claire! The background looks positively shimmery! Such an elegant anniversary card with the colors and the heart charms. Love how you used the pearls with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!