Tuesday 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas and a New Colour Q

Hello bloggers!

Can you believe we only have a few hours to go until Santa arrives?  I'm currently blogging with one eye out the window, waiting for the rural fire service to arrive on to our street. It's an annual tradition for them to drive around the local area with the lights flashing and the siren blaring - Santa sits on the top of the engine throwing sweets to all the local kids, who wait on the street expectantly. My kids love it!

Since it's Tuesday it can only mean another Colour Q challenge. I'm posting a little early today as my in-laws are about to arrive for the festive break. This week the colours are a gorgeous, fresh combination of blues and light brown:







Recognise the papers?  Luckily I had them handy from my previous card so I didn't have to think too hard about what to use. I also used the sketch from this week's Retro Sketches:




Not sure how much crafty time I'll get in the next few days so I'll wish you a wonderful, happy and safe Christmas. Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Claire, this is so lovely~the rays are crisp and pretty! I hope the kids got to enjoy the fireman visit~that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. What a great way to use those patterned papers. And, the fire truck Santa sounds like a real blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me this is really lovely! Love the clean crisp design, with the added texture and lovely mix of papers! Awesome! And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Happy New Year!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!