Wednesday 19 February 2014

Just Playing Around...

Hello again!

So there I was thinking that now I have both kids at school I'd have a little bit of free time before I get down to the serious job of finding work. Well that hasn't quite worked out yet - I'm beginning to wonder if I need to paint a black cross on our door since one by one my family seems to have succumbed to a nasty flu bug. One kiddo was off school all last week, my brother in law came down with it and now the man of the house. I'd like to say it's just a bout of 'man flu' but last time I said that it turned out it was a dose of pneumonia...made me sound a little heartless!

So just a quick card today for 2 different challenges: Dynamic Duos and CAS-ual Fridays:







It was a real case of just playing around with a new stamp set from Stampin' Up - Flower Shop.  I tried out every flower and looked at every possible embellishment for the flower centre but decided in the end that the stamp is so beautifully detailed, nothing else is needed. I chose a 6 x 4 card which is the size I like best at the moment. Although there is the option for a shaped card over at Dynamic Duos, I kept to a basic rectangle as it's a sympathy card.

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for popping over,

Claire x



5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous, and appropriate, sympathy card, Claire. Those are so difficult to make! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the flower, Claire! It doesn't need anything more. Your design sets it out so beautifully as the focus pocus it deserves to be!! And, gosh, what an amazing design it is! This is a keeper!

    I am sorry to hear about the flu going around and I hope your guy doesn't get another bout of poomonia because of it ~ and I sure hope you don't catch ANY of it! Do take care of yourself! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I love the juxtaposition of the leafy vine with the more grid-like background stamp, and the stamping the same flower in two different colours gives great dimension. Beautiful sympathy card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning sympathy card, Claire! The stamped background is just perfect! Thanks for joining the DD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!