Sunday 5 October 2014

Mama Elephant October Challenge

Hello blogging friends!

I'm getting back into the card making after slowing down a bit to concentrate on my new job. It's amazing how you kind of lose your ability to create after not doing much for a few weeks.

I've been meaning to do the new Mama Elephant monthly challenge for the last couple of months so I was determined to have a go at the October challenge where the theme is 'anything goes':








Narelle has created just the kind of layered sketch I like over at Freshly Made Sketches so I'm linking up over there too.  I've used a couple of different sets - 'Around we Go' and the spotty border from 'Basic Borders'.  I coloured the big wheel using distress inks, white embossed the little carriages against a black background, added a strip of washi and the stamped border.  I do love this set but I always seem to reach for the big wheel rather than the carousel...note to self: use the rest of the stamps in the set!

Anyway, that's all folks - have a relaxing Sunday!

Claire x

7 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you are getting crafty again! I love the ferris wheel. It's absolutely perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your distressed Ferris wheel is fantastic! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,this card is so fun!! I love the colors...amazing and the ombre on the wheel!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is fabulous! I love the image you've used - one that I've never seen before! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love the stamped fireworks you've added!! Thanks for joining us this month at the Mama Elephant & Me challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I love this! Stamped fireworks? Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome colors. So warm and bright. Thanks for playing along with us at Mama Elephant & Me:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!