Thursday 4 June 2015

A Vintage Offering

Hello again,

Another great cue word over at Casology - 'vintage.' I have to say I'm not a big fan of vintagey things (except wine of course.) I tend to envision old fashioned lace, chintzy fabric and a musty smell! So it was definitely a challenge to create something with a vintage theme and yet keep it clean and simple:







I thought the monocled man from WMS 'My Kind of Guy' would be perfect for this one. I love the old fashioned sentiments in this set. I kind of did some masking in a mask, if that makes sense.  I masked off a larger rectangle, then used a square mask with distress inks to mask lots of little squares within it. I then added a little crystal effects to his monocle to make it shiny.

Simon Says Stamp has a masculine challenge on their Wednesday challenge blog at the moment so I'm going to link my monocled little man over there too!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x




15 comments:

  1. Your vintage is also very clean and modern! Love the overlapping colours and all the white space! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background, so effective! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. This not only looks fabulous but also such fun - I've got to try it. I might start keeping all die cut negatives so I can use them as stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant take on the cue, Claire! Made me chuckle ...and not musty at all! :) Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Claire! awesome background....such a fun masculine card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! So clean and bright yet slightly surrealist - it makes me think of that Magritte painting with the man with an apple for a head

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Claire this card is just wonderful. I love the old fashioned sentiment too.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, you killed this challenge! I agree that vintage and CAS don't seem like the easiest match but you have rocked them both here. That pattern you created is so cool and I love that sony monocle! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastique! Needs to be FRAMED!! Totally AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw your card announced as winner at Casology and really I must say this must be one of my favorite cards spotted in blogland in a very long time.
    FANTASTIC! Well done and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - this card is BRILLIANT! Huge congrats on your win at CASology! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's some cool masking within a mask, Claire ... what a stunning card ... congratulations on your well deserved win at CASology! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!