Sunday 13 December 2015

Feeling Wonky

Hello!

It seems ages since I last made a card - hardly surprising when Christmas is just round the corner. 

The wonky rectangles in the latest Freshly made Sketch are kind of a reflection of my current state of mind.  I had the ultimate mother brain moment the other day, when my sister-in-law called to say thank you for the handmade card I had made for my 4 year old niece...and how lovely it would have been if I'd actually written something in it! Oh dear....





Moving on, I've been lusting after Altenew's Painted Flowers for months now so was very excited to see it land in my letterbox as part of an early Christmas present! This sketch was perfect for playing around with those pretty blooms. I partially covered the stamping with some vellum to soften it, then added a swirly 'hello' sentiment from MFT. Very simple, but pretty much the only thing my addled brain is capable of at the moment!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x







2 comments:

  1. Hahaha ... I can so relate to the addled brain issue, Claire ... thanks for the morning chuckle!! Your card's beautiful ... delicate and feminine ... the vellum adds such a lovely softness to those blooms! Hope you're well away from all the horrid weather that's been hitting your part of the world! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!