Wednesday 7 December 2016

Your Next Stamp - Design Team Dare

Hello bloggers!

So today is Design Team Dare day over at the Your Next Stamp blog. I've been dared to CASE a card from 2016 made by one of the YNS Design Team. The card I've chosen to CASE is by the very talented Dian:






After making this card, I had a picture in my mind of our little fisherman from Keepin' it Reel doing a spot of ice fishing.   I like the way Dian created the snowy background and the snow drifts with her die cut so that's the direction I went in.  I blended a Wintry sky, then used a snowy background stencil and some Gesso to create the snow. I edged the snowdrifts with some glue and added some chunky glitter for some snowy sparkle. I'm wondering if this little fella is perhaps Santa in disguise? Perhaps he shaved his beard off and went to do a spot of ice fishing for a well earned rest? Somebody really needs to tell him that long sleeved clothes are more suitable in the North Pole!

Make sure you go and check out what the YNS Design Team have been up to!

Thanks for calling by,

Claire x


2 comments:

  1. Look at the face on that guy! And the little fish! What a hoot! You're blending, however, is not a hoot. That is some seriously outstanding blending, Claire!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, Claire ... what a fabulous scene ...the blended sky is awesome! That little guy looks so happy (even though he's underdressed for the conditions!) ... and so does the fish! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!