Thursday 11 January 2018

Less Purple the Better

Hi folks!

Purple. Definitely not my favourite hue to craft with. But I'm always up for a challenge and when I saw the 'purple' theme over at Less is More, I had to combine it with Time Out's whopping 100th challenge as it's Sandie's favourite colour:








I created a purple burst of colour using Ken Oliver's Color burst powder on some watercolour paper, then masked a few embossed Altenew Hennah Blooms. A WMS sentiment finished it all off!

Thanks for calling by!

Claire x


7 comments:

  1. Deliciously artsy, Claire ... crisp white, a splash of vibrant colour (which Sandie will love!), eye catching impact ... it's fabulous! Always happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ! This is absolutely gorgeous Claire ! Love how the your purple Colour burst explodes on the Watercolour paper and makes a subtil gradient ! Really stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so funny, its not a colour I use much on my cards either but as soon as I saw this I thought of Sandie too!! Its such a fabulous CAS design, using one of my favourite stamps from Altenew (and oldie but a goodie). And that purple just pops surrounded by all that white. So wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering you don't like working with purple .. this is FAB-u-LOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!! These are one of my favorite flower stamps and they go really well with the design you chose -what a creative, fun idea! I love the artistic feel of your card. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our 100th challenge + thanks for joining us at Less Is More as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Your use of Color Burst is amazing. I struggle with powder inks. Love this. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect brilliant idea. love it so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!