Sunday 3 November 2019

Still Finding my Mojo...

Hello, happy weekend to you!

I'm still struggling to find my mojo after being away for a few weeks. I always find that happens when I've been on holiday - it takes me ages to get back into crafty mode and find some creativity. Maybe I left the right hand side of my brain on the plane!

So I've done a couple of challenges to try and kick start my mojo. The first is for AAA Cards using maxi white space and an optional twist of geometric:




I used a small Avery Elle stamp of 3 triangles from a set called All Squared up. After playing around I created a diamond shape and made a simple engagement card using gold and silver embossing powders for some metallic sparkle. 







The second card is for Time Out's inspired by words challenge 'dream big, be grateful, give love, laugh lots.' I've done a thank you card using a die from Stamplorations. I struggled with the placement of the sentiment - it just wouldn't sit right on the flower...don't you hate it when that happens?!

Anyway, fingers crossed I can get back into the crafty swing of it soon...hope you find your mojo this weekend!

Claire x


5 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous! Love how you've used the geometric twist - it looks so stylish and elegant. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh looking at these cards you have already got your mojo back! Wow you have some patience using that cover plate and re-adding the coloured sections but it sure does look stunning. The placement of the sentiment turned out perfect. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards! I love to see how you incorporated the color into that cool, embossed background on the second card. Thank you so much for playing at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look as though Monsieur Mojo stayed on the plane, Claire ... these are both brilliant! What a cool, graphic, shimmery and oh so stylish 'diamond' ... sooo sophisticated! Fabulous, vibrant inlaid colour on your bright blooming card ... the sentiment placement looks pretty perfect to me! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..either you found Mojo or you don't even need it.. you have created beautiful cards. The Diamond card is so cool, love the different embossings and that you thought of arranging triangles as diamond, so cool! Thank you for playing with us at AAA Cards ~ Hugs Ishani.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!