Thursday 5 August 2021

MFT Camp Create Days 2 and 3: Wonderful Watercolour and Emboss Resist

Hello folks,

Here's another couple of cards for My Favourite Things Camp Create

Oh dear - watercolour. Not my medium of choice. I've tried everything - pencils, paints, dye inks, Zigs and always struggle. I felt that watercolouring a scene would be less forgiving than flowers so used the City Block background as my starting point:

 



Rather than spend hours watercolouring the entire background, I coloured part of it, then white embossed a second panel on black card stock and then stamped a third panel in black and white. I cut out different sections and used dimensional tape to stick one layer against the other, being careful to line up the buildings correctly and to give it some depth. The sentiment's from Essential Sentiments.







My second card is using the emboss resist technique which is perfect for Lavish Lilies as it's such a pretty, detailed stamp. I used Antique Linen, Black Soot and Evergreen Bough (thank you Debby Hughes) which is one of my favourite combinations. Having said that, I've been a bit heavy handed on the black and it's looking a bit funereal...I should probably change it to a sympathy card.  Instead of the usual rectangle I used a Stitched Mod Rectangle.

I'm also popping the second one over to Time Out's 'inspired by words' challenge...'a single rose can be my garden and a single friend can be my world.' 

Hope you get the chance to join in with the challenges - on to the next one now!

Claire

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combination for the background of the lilies - so elegant. I also love how you used the rounded corners for the design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. The floral card is so pretty. Beautiful colors blended together! Perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenge. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!