Thursday 7 November 2013

Shades of Brown

Hello fellow bloggers!

It's a blistering day here in Sydney today - the heat has been increasing steadily throughout the week.  And so what did my dozy other half do a couple of days ago? He took the kids fishing at the weekend and forgot about the raw fish bait that he had left in an esky in the boot of my car. Can you imagine the stench when I opened my car door on Tuesday morning?  Needless to say he is a naughty boy and is definitely in my bad books at the moment....

Moving swiftly on, the cue word over at Casology this week is 'brown.' When I had a quick look at all my ink pads, I realised I own about 6 different shades of brown ink, so I used a few of them for my card, together with a touch of pink:




This is the first Casology card I've been happy with for ages - I find it so difficult to keep layers to a minimum and always seem to be adding bits and pieces so it no longer looks like a simple card!

Have a fabulous night and thanks for stopping!

Claire x

13 comments:

  1. Claire this is beautiful, I love your CAS approach! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!! Oh that is so gross about the fish! Lol!! Sooo gross!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!
    Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I love your little perfect pearl accents ----and your fish story, sounds like something my hubby would do!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty CAS card...had a laugh at the fish story...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I can imagine that smell! I'm highly sensitive to malodorous conditions in a car...that would be awful! Good luck with the airing out! Love the simplicity of this card. I too have tons of brown shades of ink... will need to play. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card at Casology: so beautiful! I love the stamps you've used, those flowers are so pretty and delicate. Very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely - I like the woodgrain banner and the pretty pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. clean and simple perfection!! beautiful card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautifully CAS, Claire ... love the dash of pink ... so pretty! Hope the odour is dissipating! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! Perfectly CAS! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your card on the CASology blog and I really liked it. Love the design and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. The simplicity and design of this is extraordinary, Claire! Congratulations on the HM from CASology!! So well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!