Saturday 2 November 2013

Triple Whammy

Hello again bloggers,

So how has your weekend been? I've had a 'child free' day today and went to the Sydney Papercraft Festival for a bit of inspiration and a teeny tiny bit of shopping. New stamps=more mojo...isn't that right? Anyway, after spending a few dollars I came home to a quiet house and finished a card that I'm entering for three different challenges - CAS-ual Fridays, CASology and CAS(e) this Sketch:



I stamped and masked the black and white background with the Waltzingmouse Camellia bloom. I then embossed the same bloom and some leaves with white embossing powder on to a black background. I did think it needed a small pop of colour so I matted them against some pink cardstock. It was surprisingly quick to do.....the hardest part was deciding where to put the flower.













Have a great weekend!

Claire x

9 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a lot of masking, but I love the crowded, sumptuous look of the background! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. SOO lovely. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPERB masking Claire! Amazing what you have done to make black so delicate! WOW!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your masking is perfect! It looks like a patterned paper...bravo! I love the black and white combo, very classy card! So glad you had some crafty time and joined us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Claire! Gorgeous stamping, and I love this image in black! Beautiful!
    I'm off to the NEC craft show in Birmingham next Sunday, I can't wait! I go every year, and every year I spend more lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lovely! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning and wow on all that masking!!! I love the sentiment placement! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The black is fabulous! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!