Wednesday 7 January 2015

'Winter' Inspiration

Evening folks!

It's official - the kids are driving me ever so slightly bonkers! We're half way through the Summer holidays here - Christmas is over, the presents have been played with, visitors have been and gone and we've now hit the boredom phase!

Thank goodness there are some new challenges for 2015 to keep me sane -I combined a couple of them to make this little card:








I love the Wintry graphic in the Curtain Call challenge, although I wish I'd used a little more white, rather than kraft.  Looking at it now, it kind of looks quite Summery!  I stamped the background with a WMS woodgrain stamp, added a felt flourish and a couple of SU blooms. The silver one has been embossed in pewter and I added some Liquid Pearls to the centre for a bit of texture.  No sentiment...for the simple reason I couldn't fit one on! I also used the latest sketch from Mojo Monday for a little sketchy guidance.

Thanks for coming over,

Claire


4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Claire ... such lovely layers and fabulous texture in the centre of the bloom! Can the kids make cards??? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used this sketch!! A very pretty classy looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the fabulous layering. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome details on your pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!