Sunday 10 December 2017

Finishing Christmas Cards with Time Out #98

Happy weekend folks!

I've just finished off my Christmas cards with a little bit of help from Time Out's inspiration photo:







I mentioned a few posts ago that I did most of my Christmas cards in September and took them to the UK with me. This one's a different version to those but using the same stamp set - Lovely Layers by PTI. I figured it would look good in Christmas colours, even though the set is more geared towards Autumnal/Thanksgiving cards. The colours from Time Out were perfect - I've used a Woodgrain stamp on kraft for the base leaves and layered the various stamped die cuts using the colours from the pic, with a little white embossing to reflect the white shapes on the wooden stocking holders. Because the set isn't supposed to be for Christmas I've used a sentiment from Waltzingmouse.

Thanks for calling by,

Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This really pops from the white background and I just love the font on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used this set for a Christmas card! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous design, Claire ... you've brought in all the elements from our inspiration on this fabulous floral composition ... it's just lovely! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous - I love how the colours look in that layered floral element! perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this is wonderful. The colours are perfect from the inspiration. Merry Christmas and thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for getting HM at Time Out Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!