Tuesday 3 September 2019

Copper Embossed

Hello again,

Less is More's challenge is a metallic theme this week so I reached for my copper embossing powder and had a play with a Hero Arts wooden stamp that a friend gave to me a few weeks ago:







I'm not sure if I like it, partly as I'm not too sure whether I like the stamp. It's a pretty safe bet that if you don't like the stamp you're not going to like the card much either! I find it a bit busy (and completely unforgiving when embossed),  so after embossing it on the corner of the panel, I die cut smaller panel, matted it with some black card stock and popped it up on some dimensional tape. Still not sure about it though.....

I'm entering it into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge too,  where 'anything goes!'

Hope you get some time to get inky this week!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, sometimes an image just doesn't do it for you. But I think by adding the central dimensional panel it really does lift the design. Great job. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's delicate and pretty, Claire ... and rather dramatic against the black! Yep, I agree it's tough to like a card if the stamp isn't your thing ... even though others love it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have made the most of this stamp Claire, the embossing and the central panel make it look very classy. I love copper embossing powder so it is lovely to see that used here. Thanks for joining us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!