Sunday 17 January 2021

A Touch of Winter - Altenew Inspiration Challenge

Hello inkers,

After Christmas I bought some new goodies from Altenew in the sale which they promptly arrived on my doorstep and my mojo flew right out the window. I think I was so excited at all the new stuff that I got a little overwhelmed and didn't quite know what to use first!

A sketch is always a good place to kickstart the creativity though, so I used Freshly Made's latest one to give my mojo a kick up the backside:

 

I also used the colours from Altenew's January Inspiration Challenge. There was no problem with the pinks but the dusky, pinky, brown didn't feature in any of my ink collection. In fact, the only thing resembling it at all was one small piece of card stock which I've used for the centre panel.  I'm never quite sure if you're allowed to use green with the colours but they can always hit the delete button if it's not allowed!

I used Peonie Bouquet Stamp and Die and Angled Mosaic 3D Embossing Folder which may actually be my new crafty obsession! The sentiment is from Beautiful Day.  For the background panel I stamped some of the smaller blooms and leaves in grey ink on grey card stock. It added a little detail without overwhelming the card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and design Claire and of course beautifully executed as always! Thanks for stopping by earlier, it's good to reconnect. The last year has been a bit of a nightmare, you must be really worried about your family in the UK, I'm certainly worried about mine in OZ - and I can't get there if the need should arrive. We're just staying in our bubble here - our youngest son has been back at school since September but his class is only small and they're all vulnerable so they're being tested regularly. My husband has been working from home since the pandemic began (he used to spend the week in Brussels and only came home for the weekends) - he's happy spending more time at home and our youngest son is happy to see more of him! I'm worried about our other two sons (in Berlin and Scotland) but they're young and careful so even if they catch it, they'll probably be ok - though a school friend of our middle son lost his lost his mother and younger brother early in the pandemic so you never can tell!
    Making cards has been a lifeline for me even if Mr Mojo doesn't always play his part! Take care and keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful flower! And I love the embossing folder and the subtle background stamping! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layers of color on this pretty flower and leaves! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture, both from the subtle stamped background and the 3D embossing folder. And the flower is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!