Sunday 14 January 2024

Freshly Made Sketch - Two Versions

Hello again,

Cécile has created a very CAS Freshly Made Sketch this week and I made 2 versions of the same card. The second one on the post is the first version - I used some watercolour die cuts from Paper Smooches for the background and coloured the feather die with Antique Linen, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot distress inks (a Kristina Werner combo I think). I liked how it turned out but thought I'd have another go using Lost Shadow, Spun Sugar and Evergreen Bough:












In the second one I gave the die cuts more dimension by glueing three die cuts together. I also added a touch of sparkle with a Versamark pen and holographic embossing powder.  I prefer the colours in the original card but the more dimensional look of the second! 

I'm popping the first attempt over to Freshly Made Sketches and the second attempt over to Just Us Girls' word week challenge which is 'sparkle.' 

Let me know which one you prefer!

Happy stamping!

Claire

4 comments:

  1. Pretty sparkly detail with your CAS design. I really like the feather die! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your pretty card over at FMS and wanted to tell you how fabulous it is! Well, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love that feather die which you colored beautifully. Love the holographic embossing powder, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two versions are fabulous! These softly colored feathers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!