Tuesday 10 December 2013

A Traditional Colour Q

Evening all,

Another Colour Q challenge has triggered a mild dose of Christmas panic.....it's an indication that another week has flown by and we're even closer to Christmas. I wonder if Santa could perhaps put it on hold until next year...

There I was thinking the holiday cards were all done and dusted and Arielle comes up with a combo of traditional colours screaming Christmas - I used the current sketch over at Cardabilities for a bit of inspiration:









It's been a while since I pulled out PTI's Take a Bough set - an oldie but definitely a goodie. I found some absolutely ancient Christmas themed papers which I think may be Basic Grey and added a few sequins, tartan ribbon and twine. Come to think of it, there's a bit of everything on this card but if you can't go a bit over the top at Christmas, when can you?

Check out the rest of the design team's gorgeous creations and then see what you can come up with using the chosen colours....in fact, why not really challenge yourself and do something other than a Christmas theme?!

Hope you have a productive day and thanks for stopping,

Claire x


7 comments:

  1. What a cute cute Card!!! Love the little polka dot ornament and all those sparkly sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is beautiful Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card--I love how you have taken the patterned paper and embellished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!! You make the best cards ever! And congrats (belated) for your posi at Scrapbook Creations! Well deserved! You are the card queen! I am a massive fan of your layouts too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of images and patterns you've used here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire this card is fantastic! An oldie but definitely a goodie :) This is my first time on your blog, so love your style..I must say you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful christmas :) thanks for playing along at Cardabilties :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!