Monday 1 February 2016

Sentimentally Speaking

Hello!

It's all in the sentiment at Freshly Made Sketches this week, with a sentiment based sketch by Karren:




I smooshed a background for my WMS sentiment.  I've used several tutorials for a smooshed background but the one I used for this card by Kristina Werner is probably my favourite. It appeals to my anally retentive tendencies, as her technique using acetate gave me more control of the ink.  That's the problem with smooshing - you're never quite sure what you're going to get and quite often I get a muddy mess!

I embossed the sentiment in white first but it didn't really pop against the ink so I created a shadow effect by stamping almost over the top and embossing in gold. A scatter of sequins and it was all done!

Hope you get the chance to join in the fun!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

2 comments:

  1. The shadow sentiment is fabulous against that oh so neat smooshing, Claire ... such a gorgeous look! Need to see that video ... tidy smooshing sounds so appealing ... thanks for the link! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!