Monday 3 September 2018

Playing with Alcohol Inks

Hello bloggers!

Can you believe I've been playing with paper for about 12 years and I've never used alcohol inks? 
I bought 4 colours and had a play. As I already had some glossy card stock,  I thought I'd see what the effect was like on that before splashing out on Yupo as well:








I love how it turned out but having watched a few You Tube tutorials I'm assuming the ink will merge in a different way if I use the Yupo. At least it gives me the excuse to go out and buy some....and naturally I now want every colour under the sun!

Anyway, I thought this week's MFT sketch was the perfect way to use these brightly coloured strips. I brought the strips further down the card than in the sketch and used nothing but Dienamics, although I think both of these sets are now retired - Blueprints 24 and Dienamics Accent It.

Since it's a very CAS birthday card I'm also popping it over to their CAS Birthday Project Challenge.

Thanks for calling by!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. I loved this card on fb - really colours with the alcohol inks - did you use a metallics as well ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the AI's Claire. I think Yupo is by far the best for alco inks!
    (Back in blogland after the mammoth month so am playing catch up a little and hope you will forgive me for not commenting on everything you have done whilst I have been absent!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So striking, Claire ... love the balance between the organic look of those yummy jewel coloured inks and the cool graphic die cut stripes! I hadn't used alcohol inks either till the summer when a friend brought some for a playdate. Might have to invest!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!