Tuesday 13 September 2022

Altenew Pair-a-Flower Watercolour Edition

Hello inkers,

Altenew is challenging us to use their watercolour pan set to colour a flower and photograph the real thing next to the finished project.  Hopefully they'll accept that as I'm in Australia and we've just come out of Winter,  blooming flowers are few and far between!  So I've had to make do with a photograph:







It does make me chuckle that I've entered a watercolour competition - I frequently lament that I'm not a natural watercolourer and that beautiful loose, flowy style is completely beyond me, usually ending up in a muddy mess.

But hey, you've got to have a go so rather than use a loose style I tried to capture more of the detail in the photo. I've used Altenew's Lotus Stamp Set with a sentiment from Handpicked Bouquet. Behind the blooms I've used watercolour from the 12 pan set with the Beach Towel Stripes Stencil to give some soft stripes in the background.  I framed them with the Mid-Century Frame Die.

Happy stamping!

Claire

1 comment:

  1. This is dreamy Claire! And I love the matting! Did you do a partial cut with the frame- it looks like a rising sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!