Monday 3 April 2023

Colour Throwdown Meets Time Out

Hello inkers,

Loving the pretty colours over at the Color Throwdown this week and since the latest Time Out Inspiration photo features yellow blooms I thought I'd combine the two:

 






I've obviously been inspired by the flowers and used Altenew's Nostalgic Florals. The capital font on the sign made me think of some Poppy Stamp sentiments in my stash which combine capitals with lower case sentiments. The white brick background encouraged my to keep it clean - I was originally going to put the blooms against a grey background but then found a pretty strip of old dp so thought it would look better peeping out behind the scallop cut panel with a few leaves tucked behind. It's a brownish grey dp rather than blue-grey but hey, still grey!

This one's also going into the Seize the Birthday challenge with a theme of 'things in your garden.'

Thanks for popping by,

Claire

9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are STUNNING! I love curved scalloped edge with the leaves and flower tucked in. Such a lovely design. Thank you for playing along with our topping at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted your card at the Time Out challenge site and love it. Love your inking and your gorgeous design using this beautiful bloom. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this card over at the Color Throwdown first I was blown away! It is stunning, Claire!!! I am thrilled to see that you added to our challenge at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS card, Claire!! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Claire. I love the design - love that scalloped arc on the right and the leaves popping out from behind it. The floral is gorgeous, and colored so beautifully. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this. Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so Gorgeous, Claire...I really love the layout of your card..you have colored these blooms so beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see why this is the winner at Seize the Birthday, Claire! A GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win over at Seize the Birthday, if you are interested in being our guest shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!