Friday 29 March 2024

Colour Throwdown Meets The Paper Players

Hello folks, 

My inky mojo has been lacking lately - when that happens I try and learn a new technique to get it going again. 

  I love Michelle Short's Altenew tutorials, particularly this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxuSeXw8_6A&t=461s in which she uses white pigment ink to highlight embossed details using an Altenew embossing folder :










I have quite a few Altenew EB's - I love them as they produce really deeply etched images but in hindsight I wish I'd used a different one for this technique. I think a simpler one, like the one Michelle used, would probably work better. I used the colours from The Color Throwdown but then realised the white pigment ink didn't work well with cream, so I went over it with some Antique Linen distress oxide, then added some gold embossing powder. 

Since the challenge at Simon Says Stamp is to use embossing and I've used both wet and dry, I'll link up to their Monday challenge. I'm also popping it over to Addicted to CAS where the code word is 'bloom.'

Happy stamping!

Claire



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is quite impressive! That embossing is beautiful on its own, but the colors and gold embossing really kick it up! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! Love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've turned such a simple design into something extra pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!