Friday 22 March 2013

Casology Inspired Muse

Hello Bloggers!

It's been a little quiet here recently....for reasons you'll discover at a later date. I've missed a few challenges in the last couple of weeks but I'm happy to say I managed to sneak a couple in before naughty Mr Linky closes. First, the Muse challenge with this gorgeous card by Marion Vagg to inspire us. Secondly, the Casology challenge. The cue word for this week is 'song.'









Well this could have been inspired by any number of songs I guess, but the one I'm thinking of is 'I am sailing' by Rod Stewart.  The worrying thing is that I've been inspired by a song that came out when I was 3....I'm not really quite sure what that says about my music tastes. Perhaps I'm stuck in a '70's time warp. Marion's stripes have obviously inspired the design...what a great way to use up strips of bazzil.

The stamp is PTI 'Men of Life' which I've had for years and don't use half as much as I should do. Isn't that always the way? It's a great blokey set as it has sentiments for men across the entire family. (I've put the sentiment inside the card as I didn't feel it would fit anywhere on the front.)

I'm all blogged out now, so I'm off to see what everyone else has been inspired by today.
Happy stamping and thanks for popping by,

Claire x

22 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the gradation of blue with the white sailboat...beautiful frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Claire love the blues and the stamp.xx zan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful, Claire! I love the frame you've created. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely serene card - wonderful take on the Muse and a perfect tie in to your song! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....lovely card for sure. I was thinking Garth Brooks's song The River would work for this card too. I kind of like that you left off a sentiment....perhaps it can go on the inside! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous. I love that white sailboat on the blues and that you popped up the frame around it. Stunning. :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Claire! I love how it looks like a piece of art!!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely image and I love how you've framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a beautiful card! I was guessing a few different songs (Sailing, I Saw Three Ships, or the good old "Row row row your boat"!) but Rod Stewart's song is great, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week...I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning combination of the challenges, Claire!! love how you framed up the sailboat and the gradient background! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A framed work of art..so calming and pleasing to the eye. Great take in the MUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fab card, Claire! The blue stripes are perfect with the white boat and it looks so fresh and crisp :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..... a beautiful card, and the framing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THis card is beautiful - everything about it works. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! The scalloped frame really sets it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire, you have good taste in music! I'm a BIG Rod Stewart fan as is my husband! Your card is fantastic! The Bazzil paper adds so much texture! And I love the way you framed it. Also, you might want to hop over to Moxie Fab World, they have an Ombre challenge going on (Deadline April 1) that this card would be perfect for! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous take on both challenges, Claire! Love the layered white frames and that fab sailboat image! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous ombre background ... love that you made it the sea and sky, Claire ... the white yacht and white on white frame is perfect against it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Called back to congratulate you, Claire, on the HM at Muse with this fabbie card ... well done! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so delighted, Claire, that you received an HM from us MUSE voters for this charming little sailboat card! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!