Monday 5 October 2015

Cooling off with a Freshly Made Sketch

Hello!

It's a sweltering 37C in Sydney today so I think I made this card in an attempt to cool down. I used Freshly Made Sketch #206 to whet my inky appetite:






As soon as I saw this sketch I knew I'd have difficulties - circles and ink are not a good combo for me normally! I made a watery background with distress inks and used the ships wheels and sentiment from Waltzingmouse's Ocean Bound. I've had this set for a while and always seem to go for the same stamps (doesn't everyone do that?) so I was determined to use a couple that hadn't seen ink before. 

Have a wonderful week won't you?

Claire x

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I LOVE this, Claire!!! Especially the watercolored background paired with the nautical images, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I LOVE this, Claire!!! Especially the watercolored background paired with the nautical images, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're watercolored background is beautiful...I just got some watercoloring paints and I haven't built up enough courage to work with them yet...your card is inspiring and I will do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,Claire...this is amazing!! I totaly love your watercoloring!!! Looks awesome!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That water colored background is gorgeous! Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ding ding ding ~ winner!! Love your background Claire, this is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card Claire! I am loving the combination of the background and the images you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMSt this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous background. Love that technique but haven't had the courage to try it. Perfect pairing with the nautical elements and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous watery background, Claire ... your sponged and splattered ocean is just stunning ... and fabulous with those nautical images! Seems inks and circles have got over their shyness with you ... they're most definitely a fantastic combo for you! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!