Sunday 11 October 2015

Staying Neutral


Hello again!

Hope your weekend is giving you some 'me' time. Today is the one day of the year when the big bloke has permission to do nothing but watch sport - so far we've had a world cup rugby match, 6 hours of Bathurst motor racing and shortly the joy of F1. Let's just say he will owe me. Big time.

Moving on to my card - this started off as a combo of Freshly Made Sketches and The Card Concept (neutral colours) but then turned into the Autumn theme of Time Out and back to the neutrals of The Card Concept. That is to say, I had no idea what I was doing!









I used some cheap as chips papers from K-mart and added a couple of vellum, embossed Simple Sprigs from WMS.   I was inspired by the white focal point of the pumpkins in the pic and the neutral colours and I reckon it's a clean and layered creation.  I think I can just about get away with it being neutral. What do you think?

I'm editing this post to add it in to Time Out as well. I wasn't going to put it in the gallery this week as I wasn't sure if it was Autumnal enough! The Autumnal theme comes from this lovely quote:

 'Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile'

That's enough waffle from me! Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

14 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the background and the beautiful soft vellum flowers! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to smile, Claire ... we had the F1 on here too ... but thankfully no rugby! Yep, your card is beautifully neutral ... with just a pop of yummy colour in those CRM style flowers in the simple sprig ... gorgeous! Couldn't find it in the gallery at Time Out, but guess it will be there soon ... delighted you played along with us! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFULLY designed and delightful to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks to me like you knew what you were doing! I love the bits of color alongside the neutrals. Terrific card! And I hope you survive the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely and I like the little pops of color from the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Claire! The rounded corners add such a cool look and those vellum leaves are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you decided to add it to our gallery at TO, it is definitely Autumn enough and I like it has vibrant colours as well as the more Autumn ones. Fabulous design and great to hear how you were inspired. Thanks for joint The card Concept and TO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire this is just lovely! what a gorgeous combination of colours and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!! Love the use of the sketch with your woodgrain panel and fabulous flowers!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pop of red and the soft, subtle patterns in the paper. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the way those lovely blooms add a terrific splash of color! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!