Wednesday 2 March 2016

Christmas Greetings..in March

G'day folks!

It's been sweltering in Sydney over the last few weeks - not with a pleasant, sunny, dry heat but a hot, muggy and humid heat that makes you feel as though you're living in a sauna.  So in an attempt to cool myself down I created a snowy, Christmas scene using Paper Smooches Bitty Bungalows for the latest Addicted to CAS challenge:









 I sponged a dark sky background, then coloured one of the little houses with Copics and added a little glitter for a snowy effect. I cut a couple of wavy snow drifts and added some more of the sparkly stuff and then used my extremely limited drawing skills to hand draw a little Christmas tree in what is meant to be a Paper Smooches kind of style! The snowy background has been created with a Winnie and Walter stencil and gesso.

It doesn't matter how much glittery sparkle I use on a card, I never seem to be able to capture it in a photo - hopefully the close up does it more justice.

Thanks for popping over!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute home! I could stay there all day and love all the snow! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you captured all that shimmer and sparkle beautifully, Claire ... what a sweet scene ... and your 'in the style of Paper Smooches' tree is perfect! Hope you're staying cool ... I can send plenty if you like!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous little wintery scene Claire and thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!