Thursday 30 July 2020

Playing with Watercolour

Hello fellow inkers,

I've been playing with the sketch over at The Paper Players  - it's just the type of layered sketch I like but I minimised the layers and kept it simple by embossing the diagonal strip behind the panel:






I often lament my lack of watercolouring skills - love the look of it on other people's cards but I just don't seem to have the knack for it myself. However, I found a pack of Derwent watercolour pencils in my drawer (yes, I have that much stuff, I actually didn't know I had them or where they came from) and thought I'd see how they'd look on grout gray card stock rather than standard watercolour paper. Surprisingly, the card stock held up well with the addition of the water and I'm actually happy with the results. The white embossed stamp rose is from PTI's Botanical Blocks.

I'm also entering it into Simon Says Stamp's 'Anything Goes' Wednesday Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire 

 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Claire! The water coloring looks great on the gray cardstock. I LOVE your take on the sketch with the embossed diagonal. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found those watercolor pencils because this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercoloring looks beautiful Claire and the white heat embossing really makes it pop! Embossing the diagonal piece is such a great way to keep things more CAS. I really love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I love the embossed detail in the background. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!