Monday 1 August 2022

MFT Sketch #604 and CAS'd Card

Hello folks,

A couple of new cards for a few different challenges - the first is using the latest MFT sketch for The Paper Players Tic Tac Toe Challenge:








I've used the middle row going across - the die cut is MFT's Selfie Square and the patterned paper (including a blue one) is from the Very Merry paper pad. I've used SY Selfies with Santa - surely one of the sweetest Christmas sets around!









 

The second card is for Less is More's 'butterflies' challenge and for this one I CASE'd one of my favourite designers for the Just Us Girls wild-card week challenge. 

It's one of Cécile Ribon's cards and I've CASE'd the colours and the layout. I used alcohol inks for the background and added a Stamplorations die cut butterfly, smothered in glittery gold EB. The sentiment's an ancient one from Papertrey Ink. The only difficulty I had with this challenge was choosing one of Cécile's cards - all of which are CAS stunners.  I haven't played around with alcohol inks for ages and forgot how therapeutic it is swirling around all that ink until you get the desired effect!

Hope you get some crafty therapy yourselves this week!

Claire


8 comments:

  1. Popped across from LIM to admire your card - only to find not one but two beautiful makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore these precious snow buddies! Such a happy card and just perfect for the holidays!
    So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card is a great design! I love those critters posing for the selfie with Santa. Thanks so much for playing along this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful, Claire! The birthday card is stunning. The selfie pals are as cute as can be, and so perfectly colored. Such a sweet card! I am so glad you played at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whimsical and beautiful....both cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your festive selfie pair - what cuties! They look so great against the dotty background and the addition of the clip is a fun detail too. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just LOVE this. So simple and elegant. Your alcohol inking is so beautiful and how wonderful that gold butterfly and white base look with it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful butterfly card, well CAS'd! I love your alcohol ink background and all its gradients and depth of colour. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!