Sunday 2 June 2024

Seize the Birthday - Metallics

Hello inkers,

I'm on a bit of a card making roll this weekend, this time playing along with Seize the Birthday's challenge to use metallics:






Remember this Swallowtail stamp from Stamping' Up? It was absolutely everywhere when it was first released and a lovely friend was organising her stamp stash and gave me hers. 

I used copper metallic embossing powder and was so surprised that all the detail was still captured. I often find with these larger stamps the powder fails to stick to some parts of the stamp and the image isn't as crisp as it should be. I coloured the spaces with gold and white metallic Perfect Pearls and added a simple PTI sentiment.  I love how it turned out but the photo just doesn't capture the metallic sparkle IRL!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Claire



 

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity, Clarie and the way that gorgeous butterfly fills your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific big bold butterfly - looks so great in metallics! Wonerful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!