Tuesday 1 May 2012

Wax Crayon Layout

Hi Scrappers,

A few weeks ago I happened to see a segment on Better Homes and Gardens, where the designer made some wax crayon art. For anyone who doesn't know what on earth I'm talking about, you basically stick some kids wax crayons down on a canvas and melt them with a hairdryer. I thought it would look great as a layout background so I bought a cheap box of crayons and had a go on some white cardstock.
I think it's worked but you'll have to let me know if I need more practice!






As I like to keep things simple, I just stuck the crayons down in a straight line - I then built the layout around the splat! I didn't think it needed too much embellishing as the colours are so vivid.

Anyway, there seem to be heaps of tutorials on the net so get out your kids crayons and make a mess!

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x




4 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fantastic!
    Love this layout, great photos and I love how you used the mixed alphas too!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is FANTASTIC!!! I love this! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Seriously awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! I might have to try this one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This looks amazing. You've created a fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!