Thursday 20 September 2012

Using up the Stash

Don't you just love it when a colour challenge comes along and you get to use stuff that's been sitting around for years, gathering dust? I could have made a whole set of cards and scrapbook pages using this week's colour challenge at CR84FN:





Since I have 2 boys, half my stash is made up of these colours. The wooden label has been around for at least 3 years, as have the Stamping Up rubons, spotted paper and the Kaisercraft wooden leaves.  I inked the edges of the label and added the rubon, together with the fussy cut flower from MME. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse. Because, let's face it, I seem to be completely incapable of making a card without one of those stamps! I ended up using this week's Mojo Monday's sketch (#259) for a bit of inspiration, although I have altered it a bit.

Thanks for stopping by but don't go yet as I've got another one to show you....

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire, I love the design, and the fab elements you used.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Claire! Such a pretty mix of patterned papers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, you're a natural with these colors! What a pretty card from using up your stash! LOVE the wooden elements! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the papers and pretty flower. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    PS I know what you mean about the WM stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love your take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Your Pretty dp's and the Lovely stamping and Lovely flowers too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you combined the challenges. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful combination of color, pattern and layers. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, tranquil looking card. I love the combination of all the different elements. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!