Monday 11 November 2019

Freshly Made Sketch #410

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've had a play along with Freshly Made Sketches. Linda's lovely layered sketch really caught my eye this week so I've used it to make an 80th birthday card for my Mum. She really is quite amazing for 80 and still plays tennis twice a week - in fact she seems to have the energy of someone 20 years younger!






I've coloured this Clearly Besotted bloom called Beautiful Friend with Copics and added a gold embossed sentiment from MFT. The background has been stamped using MFT's Bundles of Blossoms using Grout Gray ink on the same coloured card stock. It's given it a subtle amount of texture without detracting from the flower I think.

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Claire and many happy returns to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.......your mum will love it! I had better take up tennis! Glad to see you again at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the subtle background, and you have beautifully colored this sweet image. Glad to see you back in the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how amazing at 80! I hope her day is fabulous and I'm sure this will make it brighter. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully layered, composed and coloured, Claire ... your Mum is sure to love this special card! How amazing to be playing tennis at 80 ... hope you inherited those genes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!