Sunday 19 July 2020

Four in One!

Hello again,

It's a rare day when I get to combine four challenges with the one card - I've used the colours at Colour Throwdown with the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch











The colours really threw me at first (excuse the pun) - the gold, green and blue were fine but the peach left me a little flummoxed to say the least! It's not a colour I use much and I certainly wouldn't have put them all together but I love how it's turned out. I blended a couple of distress inks ( Evergreen Bough and Salty Ocean} and gold embossed the Stamplorations butterfly over a set of peachy wings. The sentiment's from PTI.

I'm also linking this up to The Paper Players - their 500th challenge is a CAS one with the theme of 'celebrate.' I made this card for a very close friend of mine to celebrate 30 years of friendship...we met at university when we were 18 and she's always been such an appreciative recipient of my cards. I always save my favourite ones for her! 

Finally I'm sending it over to Time Out which challenges us to be 'peaceful' this week. Don't you think butterflies are the most peaceful of creatures?

Happy stamping!

Claire 


10 comments:

  1. well you rocked all challenges. Peach is a colour I struggle with too but you worked wonders here and the sketch is a tough one too...but again wonders! And yes butterflies are so peaceful. Great to see you at Tim Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Claire ... that delicate gold butterfly is gorgeous over the peach ... and what delicious blending in the background! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous job! gorgeous blend of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the colors that you chose and the lovely gold butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 challenges in one card is quite the achievement. Your card is really lovely--the gold butterfly and blended background look so wonderful together. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the delicate butterfly! Your blending is amazing! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, I think you've aced all the challenges with this lovely card! The ink blended background is a beauty and the gold on peach for the butterfly is brilliant, given you were initially at a loss with what to do with the peach color. A totally stunning card and I'm so happy you shared with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire your card is stunning! Your blended background is stunning and your layered butterfly with the gold filigree on top of the peach is a great way to incorporate the fourth colour - I struggled with this colour combo too. I'm sure your dear friend will adore it. Thank you for playing along with our 500th Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hues/ink blending and love, LOVE the delicate gold butterfly..... such a lovely addition to the CTS #381 gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fading baclground looks great, just as the butterfly; a card that invites to touch... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!