Tuesday 19 January 2021

Shades of Blue

 Hello fellow inkers!

 Another card, this one for Just Us Girls who are having a colour week challenge, using shades of blue:


 
 

 
 Blue isn't a colour I turn to often, particularly for flowers. I always seem to use pinks when I do floral cards. So, this one was definitely a challenge. I used a navy ink to heat emboss my Altenew 'Beautiful Day' blooms, then coloured the flower with a variety of blue hued copics. The background has been sponged with Tumbled Glass distress ink, with a hint of Black Soot at the base. It looked a bit too blue to my eyes, so I added some white embossed sprigs to the background for some contrast.  
 
This one's also going over to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge to 'layer it up' since I've layered a few different elements together !

Thanks for popping by!

Claire x



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is stunning! Love that border and those flowers are amazing! Great use of the blues! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You definitely rose to the challenge using the blues beautifully! I love how you framed it. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Love the shades of blue on the background and the pretty flower. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!