Friday 12 February 2021

Flowers and Chocolate

Hello inkers,

I've made a couple of CAS cards this week - the first is for Altenew's Inspiration Challenge - I have to admit I struggled a bit with the colours and went for a less is more approach.  I very lightly stencilled a background using the Grid Stencil in violet ink and added the yellow Peony from Beautiful Day

I'm still in practise mode with the watercolouring - it's improving but I find it so difficult to create shadows with watercolour mediums.  I either seem to use way too much water or not enough!


 
 
 

 


My second card is for Less is More with a challenge to use the colour 'chocolate'. Can you believe it's their tenth birthday? 

I didn't find this one easy either - I find the colour brown less than inspirational, particularly when it's on it's own and can't be combined with another hue! I coloured a chocolate cupcake from MFT with Copics, masked off a side panel using their Happy Birthday Background and semi cut a circle at the side to create a bit of interest. It all looked a bit plain so I added a thin strip of chocolate coloured card stock to the right hand edge. I can't help thinking it would look better in pink!

Hope you get the time to get your hands inky this weekend!

Claire




6 comments:

  1. Delightful makes, loving your shades of chocolate make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 great cards Claire - could just eat that cupcake! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, softly coloured bloom, Claire ... the delicate background stencilling sets it off wonderfully! Scrummy cupcake ... I'd choose one just like this!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your cup cake card, the layout is fab and your colouring... exceptional!
    Great job!
    Chrissie x
    Co-Creator and GD Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate is a difficult colour theme isn't it? But I love the interest you added with the die cut circle for your cute little cake to sit in. And the brown vertical strip saved me too, it's amazing how much a tiny bit of detail can add just what you need. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are both gorgeous Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!