Saturday 13 August 2022

My Little Hoot!

Hello, happy weekend to you!

Some of my much loved stamp sets have been very neglected recently so I was determined to wipe off the dust and use a few older sets for this card. Four different challenges - Just Us Girls 'use a stencil', Time Out's 'make your own background', Sunday Stamps colour palette and the latest Freshly Made Sketch from Jacquie Southas:



 








This is an older Hero Arts set for Operation Write Home (2014). For the strip of background behind the owls I've blended some distress inks and added a stencilled sun peeping through the stamped Winnie and Walter birch trees. I'm probably pushing it a bit with the stencil but I can assure you it is there! 

This one's going to my youngest son in October. I've just booked to go back to the UK for the first time in 3 years, without the kids and hubby - as if that's not bad enough I'm also missing his birthday so I figure a special card from me is definitely required! 

Happy stamping!

Claire


6 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the little owls, your ink blending is perfect too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful, Claire! LOVE that color blend, so effective behind the beautiful tree trunks! Perfect backdrop for those super cute owls, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little owls are a hoot...adorable!! Love the use of our color combo for your blended background!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...love your adorable and sweet owl and your fabulous background! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love that background. Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!