Saturday 13 May 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #679: Word Week

Hello folks!

Time for a new challenge from Just Us Girls where I'm delighted to be guest designer this month.  It's Word Week and the word is 'wedding:'






This was the perfect word for me as one of my oldest and closest friends is getting married in the UK in June. Being on the opposite side of the world I've had to get used to missing important events for family and friends but this is one I'm particularly upset about missing. Living in Australia is wonderful - but it does come at a cost. Even though I can't be there I'll certainly be having a drink (or two) on the bride and groom's behalf!

I used an older WPlus9 set for this one - I've always love the sentiment in it. I wanted lots of white space but I've added a simple frame from Altenew, the outside of which I've cut out of glitter card stock. You have to have a bit of sparkle on your wedding day don't you?

As always the DT have some gorgeous cards to give you some ideas so pop over to their blogs and make a comment. Link your card and you've got the chance to be picked as Chic of the Week or be invited to guest design for a future month!

Happy stamping!

Claire



10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty wreath heart - perfect for a wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty wreath Claire! And I can see why you love the sentiment too! That frame caught my eye when I first saw the card...very effective! Hope you are having as much fun guesting as we are having you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of your card and that pretty little wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS colourful card Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire... CAS perfection. Love it. Thanks so much for guesting with us this week... I am feeling very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful in its simplicity, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty CAS card, Claire! Sorry I am so late popping by as I have been on vacation. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful floral heart wreath! So perfect for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echoing the others: you've created a wedding perfect wreath, which the newlyweds will love, as do I. So sad that you'll miss the wedding but celebrating with a drink (or three LOL) will, hopefully, make you feel a bit better.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, and I love the bit of sparkle. Sorry you have to miss the wedding, but they will be certain to be thinking of you with this beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!