Saturday 21 April 2018

Plenty of CAS

Hello folks!

It's CAS all the way with these three cards. First up are a couple I've made for Darnell's Twofer challenge. The theme is pets so I used Your Next Stamp's goldfish from Keepin' it Reel and a sentiment from Fishy Fun. I think most people have probably owned a goldfish once in their lifetime - normally won at the fair and then flushed down the toilet a couple of months later when it's found floating at the top of the fish tank - or was that only mine?

I'm also popping the first one over to Addicted to Cas where the theme is bubbles. I stencilled some circles over the inked backgound and added plenty of glossy accents to create a shiny bubble effect:



The second one is quite similar but I've stencilled with texture paste behind the stitched frame using one of Sarah G's stencils that she kindly sent me a couple of weeks ago. Check out her other designs here - I've used Geo Circles:








Next up is Less is More's latest challenge which is to bring something back. I really enjoyed this and  went right back to when I first started cardmaking and bought Stampin' Up's Stem Silhouettes. Remember that set?






I kept it very simple and embossed the stem against the inked background using copper embossing powder. I'd forgotten how much I liked this set and it felt good to ink it up after years of non-use - having said that, it made me remember why I don't like using wood mounted stamps as I can't see where I'm positioning the stamp. (And I'm way too lazy to use a stamp-a-ma-jig!)

That's it for now, hope you get the chance to get inky this weekend!

Claire x









13 comments:

  1. Popped across from the LIM challenge but have to say that all of today's makes are fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just gorgeous!! I LOVE the fun little fish and the LIM is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you haven't lost your touch for blind positioning of wooden stamps, Claire! You nailed your LIM card and, yes, I do so remember both the stamp and the simple rectangle background design. Remember when we did them with "shadow stamps," though, and not pretty blended backgrounds like yours!

    Your twofer goldfish cards are CASlicious and impeccable as is your style! (I am calling Bubbles winner on your fist card!) And your second card is divine with that textured background! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic CAS cards Claire! Your fishes cards are both so adorable. Love those brightly coloured fish and the glossy bubbles. Great designs. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    Also love your fern card. What a beautiful image and I love it over top of your pretty sponged rectangle. Another wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trio of CASiliciousness, Claire! Brilliant fishy fun ... the drift of bubbles is fabulous on the first ... and I love the texture on the second! The simplicity of the fern against the sponged background is beautiful ... gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita ::)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three fantastic CAS cards! Love the all and especially the shiny bubbles on the fish cards!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three really fabulous cards, Claire! I love your darling fish and how you created your own bubbles! I also love how you blended those pretty colors on your silhouette! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All super makes, Claire. It’s been so interesting seeing what everyone is bringing back. I must admit I don’t remember Stem Silhouettes, but your card is beautiful in its simplicity and colours. I agree with you... I sold all my wood mount stamps. I’ve gone even further and stopped buying cling rubber stamps and sticking to only clear. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, love the fishy ones and your stem silhouette is gorgeous against that beautifully blended panel, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such pretty cards love them all. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are always so crisp, CAS and striking Claire and these have certainly got the WOW factor. Love the little fishy scenes on the first too - they really pop against those inky backgrounds. Your silhouette stem one is soooooo elegant. Ooozing white space to the max and such delicate inky blending. I love that you've brought this old set back into the limelight and thanks for joining us at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. All such fabulous cards, Claire. Those fish are so cute and I love all the layouts you used here. What a great way to create bubbles, I must remember that one! And your card for LIM is just stunning, wonderful blending, I love the use of copper and the linen panel adds such class.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I called it!! Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from ATC, Claire!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!