Wednesday 18 July 2018

Less is More: Olive and Tangerine

Hello, hello,

I've had a few guest designer stints in the last few months so haven't had the chance to play around with some new stuff sitting in my stash. Sarah from Funky Fossil very kindly sent me a couple of her stencils recently so I've been having a play with Forest Foliage for the latest Less is More challenge - to use olive and tangerine:





I stencilled a large panel using some distress inks, then cut it down using some of MFT's Mod Rectangles. I matted part of the panels with black card stock to make them pop against the white, then added a leaf sprig and sentiment from Altenew. Not sure about this one - I've never been a big fan of olive but I guess the bright mandarin cheers it up a bit!

Enjoy your week!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. With you on the olive thing - I am a bit reluctant to use as I think it can be overpowering but the olive tones with the pop of orange makes for a lovely card. Great job Claire. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Claire! I struggled with this colour combo, but you managed it brilliantly. Beautiful stencilling. Fun design and backing the mod rectangles with black was a great idea. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour combo stumped me, Claire, but you've used it beautifully here to create a wonderfully calm, serene card with a splash of brightness to it ... so perfect for a get well card! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!