Saturday 25 November 2023

Altenew November Inspiration Challenge

Hello folks, happy weekend and happy thanksgiving to those in the US!

Michelle Short has given another of her great tag tutorials using the reverse side of an Altenew embossing folder. It's so ridiculously simple but produces such an amazing effect I had to have a go using the colours from this months inspiration challenge:




 





In a nutshell, you plonk down some ink on the reverse side of the embossed card, then gently swipe over it with some black pigment ink. That's it. This was my first attempt and even my 15 year old son, who has about as much interest in card making as I do in gaming,  said he was impressed! I did have another go but was a bit heavy handed with the black ink. Next time I'll probably cut down the panel and have my usual white space but I love how it turned out. I haven't got the colours in different shades so it was difficult to create some depth with the inking like Michelle has, but most of it comes from the black ink anyway I think. 

I used the Spring Blossoms EB and the sentiment's from Elegant Sayings. 

Happy stamping!

Claire


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!