Thursday 16 November 2023

Color Hues Guest Designer

Hello folks!

I'm delighted to be guest designer for Color Cues this week - it's a gorgeous palette, perfect for Christmas cards:








I immediately thought of this poinsettia die when I saw the colours.  I've never really liked the leaves which came with the die so I added some gold embossed foliage with Waltzingmouse's Simple Sprig and some glittery die cut leaves.  The embossed background is an Altenew EB with a sentiment from WMS. Of all the stamps in my stash I think this Simple Sprig is one of my all time favourites - it's seen so much ink I'm amazed it's not worn away over time!

Make sure you go and say an inky hi to the DT and link up your card using the colours for a chance to be a future guest designer!

Happy stamping!

Claire

11 comments:

  1. Claire, your poinsettia and gold leaves are a gorgeous pairing! You've really made the colour combination shine! Thrilled to have you as our Colour Hues guest designer!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire I was so happy to see you as our guest this challenge. I love your gold leaves with the beautiful poinsettia!! Thank you so much for guesting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy to have you, Claire! You have one gorgeous card here! I love every element as it is so classy and elegant looking. Have a great rest of your week and thanks for guesting with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the fancy gold stems you added to your pretty poinsettia! This is a wonderful card, Claire. Congrats on guesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your addition of the two types of stems/sprigs is brilliant Claire and certainly a wonderful complement to the pretty poinsettia! I'm so happy you joined us as Guest Designer for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect take on the new combination, the gold foliage frames the die cut poinsettia beautifully. So happy to have you as our GD Claire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delight to have you as our guest, Claire! This beautiful card displays our colors with elegance and style. It shines with texture and the glittery leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS and oh so elegant Claire! I'm loving all the gold leafery with the beautiful Poinsettia and that embossed background is so pretty too and the perfect backdrop! So glad you could join us as GD here at Color Hues and inspire all our players too! Hugs. Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, and what a wonderful card design! I love the embossed background, too! So wonderful to have you as Guest Designer for this round!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card !!!! Beautiful background!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning Claire!!! I love your mix of golds and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!