Thursday 26 May 2011

Bits and bobs

Oh dear, my scrapping mojo seems to have all but disappeared at the moment. Too much going on to concentrate on anything else. In an attempt to find it I managed to get one of the cybercrop challenges done at the LSBS on the weekend. Belle's challenge was to use her image and layout as inspiration and scrap about something or someone who turned out differently to what you expected. We also had to use blue somewhere on our layout. This is what I came up with -


I chose the subject of my youngest son. I was absolutely convinced that Tom was a girl - for no reason other than that I couldn't see myself with 2 boys. When we were about to go into the operating theatre, there was a whiteboard outside with a poem on called Awaiting Grace. This seemed a sure sign it was a girl, since our chosen girl's name was Grace. Obviously I was completely wrong as out came a little bub, complete with dangly bits! Of course, now I can't see myself with anything other than boys, although I have to say that scrapping in pink would be nice for a change....

Since my scrappy mojo has gone AWOL I took up Julie's card challenge over at Scraptherapy. Her challenge was to make a card using fussy cutting and lace. Since I'm one of the least girly girls on the planet, using lace was a first and a definite challenge so I just left a strip peaking out from behind some patterned paper.


I used Kaisercraft's Peachy Keen collection for this one. It's got flowers but isn't too feminine so perfect for both boys and girls. I expect I'll be making a few more 40th cards in the next few months...how depressing! It doesn't seem 2 minutes since I was celebrating 21st birthdays. Time to discover the wonders of Botox perhaps.....?

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!