Sunday 22 May 2011

A new challenge

I've been taking a peep at the Handmade by Suzanne site for ages so thought it was about time I had a go at one of the monthly sketch challenges. There is some absolutely stunning stuff in the gallery so go and take a peak for some scrappy inspiration. The sketch for this month looks like this -


I found it a really tricky sketch to work with - it's not like me to use up the whole of the paper space. On top of that I was working with one of my LEAST favourite colours...purple. Love it on my favourite flower (hence the irises in the wedding bouquet) but don't like it on my scrap pages! Anyway - here's the finished layout...


I've been meaning to scrap the story behind my wedding dress for ages - as the journaling says I won it in a competition...there's definitely not too many brides who can say that! Unfortunately the lovely, expensive tiara I bought fell half way down my head for most of my wedding photos. Never mind...makes a funny story and some may say that was an improvement to my overall bridal look anyway....

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!