Tuesday 29 July 2014

Christmas in July? Colour Q #252

Hello again!

Christmas in July seems to be featuring a lot around blog land at the moment - it's quite a big thing here in Australia, particularly in the Blue Mountains where it supposedly originated.  We non-Australians find it very strange to celebrate Christmas in the blistering heat of December so some Europeans take advantage of the cold weather and have a celebration in the mountains in July instead.  

This week's Colour Q challenge has a particularly festive theme:







For those of you who don't know, I'm not a fan of making Christmas cards - particularly when it's the wrong time of year!  I think it's because I make so many in November, that it puts me off for the rest of the year.  So, there isn't a hint of Christmas cheer on my card I'm afraid. Instead I reached for the Hero Arts set called Missing You - I coloured in the moose with a combination of SU markers and Copics, cut the grass using my Cameo and added a sprinkling of love with the W Plus 9 borders and background 3 set. He's quite sweet isn't he...although his eyes are a little wonky - maybe he's just drunk on love.

Hope you get the chance to join in, thanks for popping over,

Claire x





1 comment:

  1. Drunk on love - I think he moost be !!! Really cute card Claire - I love the wonky eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!