Sunday 6 July 2014

Love Floats

Hello again,

I've got a clean and simple card today for a couple of challenges - Casology and Addicted to CAS:





There's a cute little balloon in Mama Elephant's new 'Around we Go' set and I started the card with the intention of having that silhouetted in front of the floating moon. It didn't really have the required effect though - the balloon was just too tiny. Looking at the carousel I thought I could maybe do a night scene - I guess when they're not being used, the seats kind of float in the air. Or am I taking this float thing too far?

It needed a bit of brightening up with some twine and enamel dots - empty fairgrounds can look very creepy in the dark can't they? Since I sponged the sky I'm also entering it into Addicted to CAS.

Thanks for popping by - have a great weekend!

Claire x




8 comments:

  1. Love your take on FLOAT, Claire! Those seats are absolutely floating in the sky! Your masking is fabulous to create a night scene. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...this is one amazing card. I love your ride and what a sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your masked moon behind the carousel ride! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing use of masking and silhouette...such a beautiful card! Evokes feelings of long, fun summer nights and carnival rides! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those seats do look like they are floating in air ... great interpretion! Love the sponged sky with your masked moon that shines brightly over the carousel. The dots and twine are perfect embellishments for this fun card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the code word! I love your sponged sky and that sentiment is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so phenomenal - it just WOWed me!! Love the moon with the silhouette of the swing ride - I love that ride, so fun!! You captured such a fun essence with this card!! So impressed with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!