Friday 5 March 2021

MFT Sketch #531

 Hello fellow inkers,

I've made a card inspired by the soon to close Just Us Girls challenge with an inspiration pic that features the Northern Lights.  Seeing the Northern Lights is at the very top of my bucket list - I spent quite a few months in Canada in my 20's and my only regret is that I didn't have the time to go and see this spectacular sight.  

I wouldn't even try and attempt to replicate it using ink - I'm amazed at how some of the DT have managed to do so. Instead I created a space-like background using similar colours. I've then added on a splatter of stars using white gesso paint:

 



 
I've also used the sketch over at MFT - the little spaceman is from Space Explorer (now retired) and I've used Stitched MOD Rectangle Die-namics. 

Time Out are having a birthday challenge to celebrate their 7th birthday so I'm popping this one over there too!
 
Happy stamping!

Claire

4 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the challenge photo! I love your darling little spaceman and your gorgeous night sky. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful night sky, Claire. Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blending, Claire ... the depth you created in outer space is brilliant ... that little astronaut is so cute against it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - those colours work so beautifully for a galaxy background and your take on the sketch is fantastic. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!