Tuesday 9 March 2021

Spring is in the Air - Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

Hello inkers,

Spring is in the air in the Northern Hemisphere so lots of Spring themed challenges happening at the moment, including one at the The Paper Players:





\





I used the crisp, fresh colours over at Altenew's Inspiration challenge, although I used a much lighter blue than what's in the pic. I really do need to keep referring to the photo when making a challenge card as I seem to take one look, then use an entirely different hue. I'm hoping it will still be accepted - it is a form of blue after all!

I used Peony Bouquet, this time white embossed on pink card stock and stamped with two tones of pink ink. I masked off a background with washi tape and blended the blue stripes with Salty Ocean distress ink. The sentiment's from Flora Motifs. The Peony has been die cut using the matching die set so I'm also popping this over to Addicted to Stamps and More for their 400th challenge to use a die cut and/or stencil challenge. It's also my second entry to Time Out's birthday challenge. 

Happy stamping!

Claire



7 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, this is gorgeous!!! I love the blue and white stripes! Those peonies steal the show! SO glad you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love how you stamped the peonies on pink CS and then used 2 other darker pinks. I will have to try that blending stripes with washi tape, great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a stunning card Claire! I think the blue and white stripes look wonderful as they make your flowers really pop! I am in awe of your talent! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire this is so eye-catching in the Gallery and totally reminded me about this peony stamp set that I've got too. Love how you used pink cardstock for the flowers, such a cool idea and then blended ombre background is done perfectly. Such a gorgeous card and I'm so very happy you joined the party at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so pretty! I really love the way you heat embossed and stamped the flowers with a monochrome look -I want to try this with some of my layering stamps! Thank you for the inspiration! Beautiful color scheme too, this card just pops from the gallery! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant, fresh and lovely, Claire ... the white embossed outlines really bring these peonies to life! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Claire! the color combo is so fresh and perfect for spring. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!