Wednesday 2 March 2022

Poppy Stamps Challenge #90

Hello folks,

My oldest son turns sweet 16 next week, the same day I celebrate my own milestone birthday (I've told him for once in my life the attention is going to be on me!) I use the term 'sweet' very loosely - not really one I'd use for a 16 year old boy!

The card I've made for him features two of his favourite things - food and puns. He is an absolute master at making up puns so hopefully he'll appreciate the one provided by Poppy Stamps featuring donuts:





The theme for this months PS challenge is to use pretty patterned papers - again, not sure it's pretty as I used some very old dp which has a real masculine feel to it. The set is Poppy Stamp's Donut What I'd Do with matching die. 

This one's also going over to Sunday Stamps for their colour challenge and to The Paper Players for their sketch challenge. 

Happy stamping!

Claire

8 comments:

  1. Lol, love this, Claire, and very tasteful (or is that tasty??) pun for your teen, lol. LOVE your washes of blue on those treats, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love a good pun so I bet your son is going to love this card! I love how you scattered the little donuts around the card front and you did a great job incorporating all the layers on the sketch without it being too busy. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card, great job on challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Claire, that is an AWESOME card for a 16-year old boy (they are food monsters at that age!)! Love the punny sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps and I hope both you and your son have fabulous birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with a punny sentiment! I just love all of those adorable little donuts, too. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! love your card!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I love the sentiment and that fabulous scatter of yummy donuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!