Tuesday 17 February 2015

Colour Q #280

Hello again bloggers!

Tuesday's rolled around in the blink of an eye which means it's time for the new challenge over at Colour Q. This week it's full of rich and luxurious hues - I can imagine a few Christmas cards will feature in the thumbnails this week:







You'll have to take my word that there is a hint of purple on this. It's kind of blended in with the Picked Raspberry distress ink but I can assure you it has been used. I'm not big on stencils - love the look but never quite know what to do with them.... I really should consider doing a class.

I double embossed the die cut dragonfly with gold embossing powder and added some sparkly glitter to the body. It's wings are cut from patterned paper and the sentiment is stamped in Seedless Preserves distress ink.

Make sure you check out all the inspiration the rest of the DT have provided!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x




6 comments:

  1. I think you used the stencil so beautifully Claire!
    I love the dragonfly in gold... lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love how you used the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fancy dragonfly Claire, this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you don't know how to use stencils? Because I think you've used one beautifully here! And your golden dragonfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft stencilling is fabulous, Claire ... it's the perfect background for that delicate, shimmery dragonfly ... so pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!